Pine Bluff is an anchor and driving force for growth and prosperity in Southeast Arkansas. It is a safe, beautiful, and vibrant city filled with thriving individuals, families, neighborhoods, businesses and commercial centers. We have an engaged, educated and highly-skilled citizenry that fuels the region’s competitiveness in the global economy. Our young people are prepared for life in a global society and empowered as authors of their own destinies and keepers of the legacy and future of Pine Bluff.
The mission of Economic and Community Development is to champion our community’s vision and work for the advancement of the City of Pine Bluff by shepherding the development of thriving neighborhoods and thriving commercial districts.
The City of Pine Bluff’s plan for economic development consists of moving forward with an overall agenda that encompasses the components necessary for long-term, sustainable economic development. This agenda can only move forward effectively with the inclusion and collaboration of key stakeholders, including the hard-working citizens of Pine Bluff. This agenda is as follows:
- Establish a strategic direction
- Align systems with strategic direction
- Focus on business retention and expansion
- Focus on quality of place
- Focus on developing and growing our workforce
- Engage in aggressive attraction and creation of new businesses/jobs
The community must challenge itself to coordinate efforts in housing, transportation, community, economic, and workforce development activities in an effort to promote more livable communities throughout the city. This approach provides a comprehensive solution for helping all residents—especially low-income citizens—attain a higher quality of life for themselves and their families. The Economic & Community Development Department contributes to more livable communities through public works projects, housing programs, public services, and economic development activities that support thriving neighborhoods and thriving commercial districts.
Director: Lori Walker Guelache
716 S Georgia Street Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601
Tel: (870) 543-1820
Fax: (870) 543-1821
Citizen Participation Records
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING 2023 Annual Action Plan.pdf
- HOME-ARP Allocation
- 2022 CAPER Program Year
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING CDBG-CV AMENDMENT.pdf
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING for 2023 Annual Action Plan.pdf
- 2022 Annual Action Plan.pdf
- 2022 Annual Action Plan and Notice of Hearing
- 2021 CAPER Program Year
- 2021 CAPER Notice of Public Hearing & Comment Period
- Public Hearing Notice 2: 2022 Annual Action Plan and HOME ARP Funding
- Public Hearing Notice 1: 2022 Annual Action Plan and HOME ARP Funding
All Citizen Participation Records can be made available in large print, Braille, or other languages upon written request via email at email@example.com or by calling 870-543-1820.